If you’ve ever sat and observed ants, you know it can be a fascinating experience. Of course, none of us enjoy when ants invade our homes, but we can learn a lot from their behavior. We can actually find advice about ants in the Bible.
In Proverbs 6:6-8, we read, “Go to the ant, thou sluggard, consider her ways, and be wise: which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.”
Then in Proverbs 30:25, we find, “The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their food in summer.”
So consider the following facts about ants:
1. Ants are goal oriented and diligent.
2. If something stands in the way of an ant, it will find another way around it. Try it! Put an obstacle in their way and see what happens.
3. Ants work together with other ants to accomplish whatever they need to. They actually work in groups, and assign duties to accomplish goals.
4. Ants are industrious despite being lethargic at times.
5. Ants will move objects that are up to 10 times their size!
6. They’re very patient.
7. Ants are determined to succeed.
8. Ants are undisturbed by the presence of other creatures. They ignore other species that are bigger than them. You can apply this in daily life. Stop comparing yourself to others.
Learn these lessons well! If you are struggling with something in your life, find a way to overcome it. Never give up. When babies learn to walk, they fall many times.
But do they ever stop trying to learn to walk? No, they try again until they are eventually running. We are all trying to overcome the devil, ourselves, and the world. No path leading to the Kingdom is easy.
As a family, pull together. Happy success on accomplishing your goals!